Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preparation/Preparación

español abajo

To prepare for this whole thing, I started walking with a backpack.  I put in a few books and just did a normal workout.  As time went on, I added more books.  They say you should only carry about 10-12lbs./5-6kg on the Camino.  You wear one set of clothes, wash it out at the end of the day, and wear the second set the next day, etc.  Add a few pairs of socks, a sleeping bag, rain gear, a camp towel, some toiletries, and that's it! 

My training backpack weighs about 20lbs/9kg right now.  I wanted to train with more weight so when I'm on the road, it won't feel as heavy.  I started hiking about 3 miles/5km per day and now I'm up to about 10 miles/16km.  With some 20-mile/35km bike rides thrown in, I feel pretty strong. My Camino route will average about 15 miles/26km per day, and of course everything will depend on the weather and if I get lost or not!

Para prepararme para todo esto, empecé andando con una mochila.  La llené con unos libros y hacía unos recorridos normales.  Con tiempo, añadí más libros.  Dicen que se debe
llevar sólo 10-12 libras/5-6 kilos en el Camino.  Se lleva un conjunto de ropa, lo lavas cada noche, y se lleva el segundo conjunto el día siguiente, etc.  Añades unos cuantos calcetines, un saco de dormir, un chubasquero, una toalla de camping, algunos artículos de aseo y ¡eso es todo!


Mi mochila de entrenamiento ya pesa apróximadamente 20 libras/9 kilos.  Quería entrenarme con más peso porque cuando esté en el Camino, no me parecerá tan pesada.  Empecé haciendo excursiones de 3 millas/5 km al día y ahora las hago de 10 millas/16 km.  Con unas vueltas en bici de 20 millas/35 km en la mixta, me siento bastante fuerte ahora.  En mi ruta del Camino, uno hace un promedio de 15 millas/26 km cada día, y claro, todo depende del tiempo y ¡si me pierdo o no!

No comments:

Post a Comment