Saturday, September 22, 2012

Carrión-Terradillos de los Templarios 19sept2012 28kms

Español abajo

It was chilly and windy and I left first, as I knew they'd pass me at some point. Each step was painful, so I walked in the grass on the side of the trail as much as possible. It was so frustrating because my body felt strong, but the blisters held me back and I couldn't go at a normal pace.

The first section was 18kms of just fields and it was monotonous. Iñaki was waiting for me about halfway through. What a gem! Just when I thought I couldn't go on, there he was with a smile and a joke to lift my spirits! By the time I got to the next town, I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't really rest very long, because we still had 9-10kms to go.

They were the longest kilometers of my life! It was agony! When we got to Terradillos, I could see an albergue, but it wasn't ours! I nearly screamed! When we finally got to ours, my little Camino family applauded. So sweet of them!

After getting cleaned up, Raquel looked at my feet and suggested injecting betadine to help dry up the blisters and avoid infection. It had worked for her, so we called a taxi and went to Sahagún, the next town, and found a pharmacy. The truth was that I could hardly walk, so I had to do something.

Raquel played nurse, and cleaned up my feet and injected the betadine, which felt like burning liquid! I was shaking from cold and tension and Dixie was an absolute angel, covering me up and rubbing my shoulders. Those two wonderful women really took care of me and I'll never forget it!

I knew that I wouldn't be able to walk the next day, so we got the number for the taxi and made the decision that I'd take the train to Burgo de Ranero and meet everyone at the next albergue. I was very disappointed that I wasn't able to do what I had come here to do, but this is the Camino, and you never know what can happen, good or bad.

Dinner was home cooked lentils and chicken-delicious! I sat next to Sandrine and a girl from Lithuania. We had a really nice evening, but it was bittersweet, because I knew that I'd be leaving them sooner than expected.

Hacía fresco y había mucho viento y me fui primera porque sabía que me iban a adelantar. Cada paso era doloroso y anduve en el césped al lado del sendero lo más posible. Era frustrante porque me sentía fuerte, pero las ampollas me detuvieron y no podía andar a un paso normal.

La primera sección, de 18kms, consistía de campos y era muy monótona. Iñaki me estaba esperando a la mitad del camino. Qué joya! Justo cuando pensaba que no podía ir más, allí estaba con una sonrisa y un chiste para darme ánimo! Cuando llegamos al próximo pueblo, me dolían un montón, pero no pude descansar mucho porque nos quedaban 8-10kms.

Y esos eran los kilómetros más largos de mi vida. Agonía! Cuando llegamos a Terradillos, podía ver a un albergue, pero no era el nuestro! Casi grité! Por fin cuando llegamos al nuestro, mi familia del Camino me aplaudieron! Qué majos!

Después de ducharme, Raquel me examinó a los pies y sugerió que pusiera betadina para secar las ampollas y evitar infección. Había funcionado para ella, así que llamamos a un taxi y nos fuimos a Sahagún, el próximo pueblo, y encontramos a una farmacia. La verdad era que casi no podía andar y tenía que hacer algo.

Raquel hizo el papel de enfermera y me limpió los pies e inyectó la betadina, que parecía a un líquido fundido! Estaba templando del frío y de la tensión y Dixie era una ángel, tapándome y dándome un masaje en los hombros. Esas dos mujeres de verdad me cuidaron y no lo voy a olvidar nunca!

Sabía que no iba a poder caminar el día siguiente, así que conseguimos el número del taxista y tomamos la decisión que cogería el tren a Burgo de Ranero y quedar con todos en el próximo albergue. Estaba desilusionada que no iba a poder hacer por lo que había venido a hacer, pero esto es el Camino y nunca se sabe lo que te puede pasar, bueno o malo.

La cena consistió en lentejas y pollo caseros-deliciosos! Me senté al lado de Sandrine y a una chica de Lituania. Lo pasamos muy bien, pero era agridulce porque sabía que los iba a dejar antes de lo que esperaba.

No comments:

Post a Comment