Monday, September 17, 2012

Hontanas - Boadilla del Camino 17sept2012 27km

Español abajo

Started out early and fast again. Scott and Esteban went ahead with all of our credentials to make sure we had a bed for the night. We hoped they would accept them, since they wouldn't let us reserve yesterday.

A blister formed on the bottom of each foot and the rest of my day was awful. Every single step was so painful! Again, my knees were great but my feet failed me completely.

Wonderful Iñaki stayed with me the whole day with encouragement and whatever I needed. A true, true friend!

As expected, they wouldn't take all of our credentials at once, so when we arrived, the albergue was full and they pulled out a bunch of mattresses to use on the floor. Again, those with experience on the Camino are so surprised at the amount of people. I hope it won't be ruined by this.

I stretched out on the grass when I arrived. I couldn't take another step! After a shower and a nap, I popped the blisters and cleaned them up as best I could, but they still hurt. I fear for tomorrow....

Empezamos muy temprano y rápidos otra vez. Esteban y Scott nos adelantaron con todos los credenciales para estar seguros que tendríamos una cama esta noche. Esperamos que los aceptaran puesto que no nos dejaron reservar anoche.

Una ampolla se formó en la planta de cada pie y el resto de mi día fue horrible. Cada paso me dolía mucho!
Otra vez, las rodillas estaban bien, pero los pies me fallaron completamente!

El maravilloso Iñaki anduvo conmigo todo el día, dándome ánimo y cualquier cosa que necesitara. Un verdadero amigo!

Como esperamos, no aceptaron todos los credenciales a la vez, así que cuando Iñaki y yo llegamos, el albergue estaba lleno y sacaron muchos colchones para usar en el suelo. Otra vez, los con experiencia en el Camino están sorprendidos de la cantidad de gente. Espero que el Camino no se estropee por eso.

Me tumbé en el césped cuando llegué. No pude andar ni un paso más! Después de ducharme y una siesta, pinché las ampollas y las limpié lo mejor posible, pero temo por mañana...





No comments:

Post a Comment